[erlang-questions] Of regexes and REs, and other irritating things...

PAILLEAU Eric eric.pailleau@REDACTED
Mon Aug 11 16:05:56 CEST 2014

I agree .

Note, what I like in Postgresql on contrary of Mysql, is the dollar quoting.

In addition to usual SQL injection protections on data input,
you can also use dynamic dollar quoting, to make more complexe SQL
injection attempts :

UPDATE users set password=$4896$new password hash$4896$ WHERE id=12345 ;

4896 is for instance the PID of the forked Apache process, or anything
else with more entropy.

The attacker can't guess this ID and injection is much much more complex...