[erlang-questions] Poll: How do you handle spurious messages?

Florian Waas flw@REDACTED
Wed Aug 6 18:48:32 CEST 2014

Matter of taste. If you like designs where unidentified messages circulate
in your system and endless debugging sessions for race conditions, missed
messaged, deadlocks etc. is your thing, ignoring messages is cool.

If you're not good at this type of debugging or simple don't have the time
for it consider tightening your design and eliminate any kind of slack from
the system, then crash for anything that breaks the contract.

-fl.