[erlang-questions] error_logger events sent by emulator

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Sun Apr 20 23:51:44 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am playing with error_logger handlers at the moment. I notice that I
receive events like this one:

{error, <0.68.0>, {emulator,"~s~n",
                          ["Error in process <0.649.0> on node
'ct@REDACTED' with exit value:
{[{reason,function_clause},{mfa,{rest_resource_etags,generate_etag,2}},{stacktrace,[{cowboy_http,quoted_string,[<<17
bytes>>,#Fun<cowboy_http.19.115752622>],[{file,\"src/cowboy_http.erl\"},{line,653}]},{cowboy_http,nonempty_list,2,[{file,\"src/cowboy_http.erl\"},{...
\n"]}}

I remember reading about these from a previous discussion but I can't
find it right now. If I recall they are messages sent directly from the
C code, and again if I recall there was suggestions about removing this
type of error entirely and/or replacing with Erlang code instead of
making the C code aware of the error_logger.

Is there any plans to change this in the future? If not, can you provide
details on what exactly triggers these sort of events? It's hard to
decide what events to ignore without knowing that.

Thanks!

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu