[erlang-questions] how do you build your releases with/without rebar?

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Sun Apr 13 19:19:22 CEST 2014

On 04/13/2014 07:13 PM, Max Lapshin wrote:
> So as for me I prefer to keep in common repo all libraries that are not
> used in any other apps. Extraction into separate repository means that
> this library has stable and clear api and will be reused in other apps.
>
> I don't see what for to split erlang into separate repo

You said it yourself, if the library has stable and clean API and is
reused in other apps then it makes sense to separate it into its own
repository. The apps that come with Erlang are the most stable Erlang
app you can find, because they have very strict backward compatibility
requirements. So there's no issue of "reverting something in one app
breaks everything else", because by definition you would break backward
compatibility.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu