[erlang-questions] Reusing servers in a new supervision tree

Erik Søe Sørensen eriksoe@REDACTED
Fri Apr 11 00:28:15 CEST 2014

Do you need a supervision tree at all - or could you start the servers
"manually"?
What kind of test is it - unit tests or some larger test?
You could let the _sup module (or for that matter _app) choose a different
structure based on whether the system's in testing mode,  and/or you could
"-ifdef" the behavior to be different (this could pay well with e.g. eunit,
which defines TEST).
I've built systems where the set of server processes in an application vary
depending on what parts are configured in the .config file.  That's fairly
easy to do in _sup/_app.