[erlang-questions] Getting started with Cowboy and then?

lloyd@REDACTED lloyd@REDACTED
Thu Apr 10 00:58:50 CEST 2014

Many thanks, Mike, for the detailed and thoughtful response. I'll give it ago.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

-----Original Message-----
From: "Mike Oxford" <moxford@REDACTED>
Sent: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 5:59pm
To: lloyd@REDACTED
Cc: "Erlang Questions" <erlang-questions@REDACTED>
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Getting started with Cowboy and then?

When you run git, it creates a hidden ".git" directory which is not
normally visible.  Inside the .git/config file is the repo you cloned from,
called the upstream.

Nuke the .git directory completely.
Move stuff around
git init your own repo once you're done reorganizing.  You can then set the
upstream to your own github if needed later.

or the more difficult route: modify the .git/config file directly
(vi/emacs) or reset the upstream via `git remote` calls.

When you rename the project, you'll need to update your Makefile with the
correct project name.  I am not sure if erlang.mk does directory traversals
or if you'll need to tell it where the new src file is.  Commonly you'll
see a top-level Makefile calling sub-Makefiles, one for each project.

G'luck.

-mox