[erlang-questions] Getting started with Cowboy and then?

lloyd@REDACTED lloyd@REDACTED
Wed Apr 9 22:56:06 CEST 2014

Hello,

If it's not one thing, it's another.

Attempting to deepen my understanding of Cowboy, I went back to Getting Started.  First time through it worked like a charm. Then I renamed the app and tried to rearrange directories a bit to support multiple applications:

hello_erlang
   erlang.mk
   Makefile
   relx.config
   src

lit
   apps
     lit
        src
   erlang.mk
   Makefile
   relx.config

Now make gave me an error:

Cloning into '/home/lloyd/Erl/Cowboy/lit/deps/cowboy'...
fatal: https://github.com/extend/cowboy/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?
make: *** [/home/lloyd/Erl/Cowboy/lit1/deps/cowboy] Error 128

So... started all over again from scratch in a new directory, following Getting Started explicitly. But now, I get the same error; e.g. worked the first time, but not the second.

Google suggests that I might need to update git. But I'm running git version 1.7.10.4; and the github site suggests that all above 1.7.10 should be stable.

Three questions:

1) Why would make work the first time around, but not the second?
2) How can I fix it?
3) What else do I need to do, in Makefile for instance, to successfully compile my new directory organization?

Many thanks,

LRP

My books:

THE GOSPEL OF ASHES
http://thegospelofashes.com

Strength is not enough. Do they have the courage
and the cunning? Can they survive long enough to
save the lives of millions?

FREEIN' PANCHO
http://freeinpancho.com

A community of misfits help a troubled boy find his way

AYA TAKEO
http://ayatakeo.com

Star-crossed love, war and power in an alternative
universe

Available through Amazon or by request from your
favorite bookstore