[erlang-questions] Heavy duty erlang HTTP/REST client

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Apr 3 00:42:10 CEST 2014

Have you tried gun?

   github.com/extend/gun

It's still pretty much alpha but it's made for long-running connections
so perhaps it will work well in your case. Expect small bugs though.

On 04/03/2014 12:25 AM, Vladimir Ralev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been struggling with httpc and ibrowse to do sort of long-polling
> REST requests in large numbers. Basically I have a "slow" server that
> responds in 30-60 seconds to all HTTP requests. Both httpc and ibrowse
> seem to freeze at some point no matter what settings I use - I set max
> sessions to 10000, disable pipelining, adjust timeouts tried several
> random configs, but at some point they all freeze and no longer attempt
> to connect and send new requests. Ibrowse gives the retry_later and
> httpc just freezes. Any recommendation?

Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu