[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP installs broken Hipe app

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Fri Sep 27 19:01:46 CEST 2013

I know I have this problem when Erlang is compiled with:
./configure --enable-threads --enable-smp-support --enable-kernel-poll --disable-hipe

I have a hipe Erlang application installed with hipe.beam mentioned within the hipe.app file, but the hipe.beam file does not exist.  So, the first problem is that hipe is installed in a broken way when it is disabled.

The second problem is that there is an attempt by reltool to include hipe when it is not a dependency for any Erlang applications involved in the release.  An example reltool.config file that avoids this problem with "{app, hipe, [{incl_cond, exclude}]}," is https://github.com/okeuday/CloudI/blob/master/examples/hello_world2/reltool.config .  So, you can explicitly prevent reltool from making the mistake of forcing hipe into your release for no reason, however, there should be no need to do so.

I believe this has been a bug in the recent group of R16 releases, but I am not sure if it goes back further.