[erlang-questions] Distributed apps when application terminates

Yogish Baliga yogishb@REDACTED
Wed Sep 25 20:57:16 CEST 2013

According to distributed app documentation:

If the node where the application is running goes down, the application is
restarted (after the specified timeout) at the first node, specified by the
distributed configuration parameter, which is up and running. This is
called a *failover*.

In your case, your node did not go down but supervisor is stopped. I did a
test in the past of the application fail over by disabling ethernet
adapater on the master node.

-- baliga