[erlang-questions] Understanding the scalability of Erlang

Sergej Jurecko sergej.jurecko@REDACTED
Sun Sep 22 15:43:21 CEST 2013

Erlang makes it easy to spread the workload across CPU cores on a single machine and spread the workload across many machines (distributed erlang over a network). Per machine you are of course limited to the CPU capabilities of that machine. Erlang does not break any laws of physics.

You can do all of that in other languages, but it will require a lot more work.

Sergej