[erlang-questions] file descriptors and ioctls

Hugo Mills hugo@REDACTED
Mon Sep 16 18:07:56 CEST 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 07:16:55PM +0400, Max Lapshin wrote:
> I think that you are making something like this:
> https://github.com/erlyvideo/dvbs2  but better

   Something like that, indeed. I was going to start with DVB-T rather
than DVB-S2, since that's what I've got, but that's a trivial change.

   I don't (yet) understand what erlang drivers actually do. Looks
like I've got some reading to do this evening.

> What for do you want DVB fd as an erlang file?

   So I can read from it in erlang without proxying the reads through
some other language -- if I didn't need to configure the tuner, I
could just open the device and read data from it, so that felt like a
good approach. After that, the problem reduces to working out how to
do the tuning... which then led to my original question.

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: hugo@REDACTED carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
  PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk