[erlang-questions] Mnesia Cluster splits

Ahmed Omar spawn.think@REDACTED
Wed Sep 11 13:40:34 CEST 2013

Hi David,
The other way beside log file, is to subscribe to mnesia system events.
http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/mnesia/Mnesia_chap5.html#id76675

In case of an inconsistent database (usually happens after a split), your
process will receive the event (message)

{inconsistent_database, Context, Node}

Mnesia won't do any automatic healing, you will have to decide what to do.
(some options are offered in the documentation)

As pointed earlier by Motiejus, unsplit is a framework (written by Ulf
Wiger) to help resolving this kind of situations.

Best Regards,
- Ahmed Omar
http://about.me/spawn.think/