[erlang-questions] Maps branch and disclaimers

Anthony Ramine n.oxyde@REDACTED
Thu Oct 31 11:58:18 CET 2013

Write an unary function with 15 (might need more) different clauses f(a1) -> ...; ...; f(a15) -> ....

Dialyzer will infer atom() for the argument type because large type unions are broadened to make the various type unifications happen in a reasonable time, if I understand this correctly.

This kind of validates what I said about types being used to reject sure-to-fail calls.

At least that's how I see success typing as opposed to more traditional type systems.

I may be completely wrong.

--
Anthony Ramine