[erlang-questions] Maps branch and disclaimers

Pierre Fenoll pierrefenoll@REDACTED
Mon Oct 28 17:13:15 CET 2013

IMHO I would love to think of '<-' as a generic generator, which generates
elements out of its rhs without any regard to the type.
Otherwise '<-' would not be as not-type-specific as most (every?) other
operator is, in this dynamic language.
I mean, one could also think of tuple-comprehensions (though I don't see
why immediately, but I am not all-seeing).

Anthony, fcall()#{ k := new_val } for example? Modify a key's value just
after a call.

Regarding not skipping items in *-comprehensions: well, that's what
lists:map/2 is for.

Cheers,
--
Pierre Fenoll