[erlang-questions] Maps branch and disclaimers

Jesper Louis Andersen <>
Mon Oct 28 16:55:24 CET 2013

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Gleb Peregud <> wrote:

> It can be useful for
> creating some kind of abstraction layer over multiple implementations
> of the same interface without having to use macros nor implementing a
> proxy modules to handle this.

I would like to see a feature that allows you to do this. However, I think
there are better ways to achieve this. For starters, a way to do modules
like in Scheme48 or Standard ML. For Erlang, Scheme48 is definitely a good
way forward, since both languages are dynamically typed:

Do note some similarity to Joe Armstrong's Erlang2 proposal. There are also
some digging going on w.r.t these ideas in the Elixir community.