[erlang-questions] Distributed Erlang transport over SSL

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Thu Oct 24 15:07:01 CEST 2013

I've been experimenting with starting Erlang distribution with both TLS and
TCP distributed transports as the "-proto_dist" option allows to specify
multiple modules handling distributed transport setup, but stumbled across
the fact that when both inet_tls and inet_tcp is specified, it fails to
register the second transport with EPMD.

I think the answer is no, but is there a way to tell EPMD that the same
node can have more than one port registered for a given node per protocol
it supports?

If it's not possible, maybe I would need to roll out a custom distributed
transport handling module that would conditionally upgrade the incoming
connection from TCP to SSL based on some user-logic (e.g. if a node doesn't
belong to a local cluster).  Has anyone done anything similar?