[erlang-questions] On Pull Requests Comments

Jesse Gumm gumm@REDACTED
Tue Oct 22 20:15:31 CEST 2013

One option could be using gitlab.org, which is an open source clone of
github (I believe also in Rails). There's another out there as well
which I think is in Java (I forget the name, it was on HN a few weeks
ago), but the point being that you could get the familiar interface of
github while also having full control over the data and then it might
be easier to integrate that open source system with your internal
systems.

You do sacrifice the user-base of Github, though.

But if there's enough backlash against github, maybe worth a look. But
I'm also in the "Yay Github +1" crowd.

-Jesse

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Anthony Ramine <n.oxyde@REDACTED> wrote:
> The problem is that the "make it even better" is mostly out of our control.
>
> Immutable comments? GitHub's work.
> Search in past pull requests and comments? GitHub's work (yes it has a search engine already, but sometimes it can't even find what Google did).
>
> --
> Anthony Ramine
>
> Le 22 oct. 2013 à 14:25, Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya <mahesh@REDACTED> a écrit :
>
>> Seriously, I too am a big +1 for the PRs.
>> Most of the (minor) complaining that I've heard tends to stem around "make it even better", which really isn't a reason to eliminate this...

Jesse Gumm
Owner, Sigma Star Systems
414.940.4866 || sigma-star.com || @jessegumm