[erlang-questions] A (hopefully simple) diameter relay question

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Tue Oct 15 17:32:49 CEST 2013

Putting the list back on cc...

So actually, having read through someone else's adventure - http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2013-March/072918.html - I see that if you have multiple 'Auth-Application-Id' entries, you seem to need and {application, Config} tuple for each entry with the relevant dictionary. That's not at all what I want. I wish to 'snoop' on the AVPs and relay all traffic to the real diameter server. I had hoped that by just setting up

{'Auth-Application-Id', [?DIAMETER_APP_ID_RELAY]}, {application, [...., {dictionary, ?DIAMETER_DICT_RELAY}]}

that I could avoid all of that.

But unless I set the same list of values in 'Auth-Application-Id' on the erlang relay as I do on the server, the capabilities exchange seems to fail. Is it in fact possible to be a transparent relay/proxy in this fashion? I've spent the best part of 24 hours fiddling around with auth-app-ids in the test client / server and that's fair enough - but now the test client and server will happily talk directly to each other, but once the erlang relay gets in the middle it all falls apart. There must be some rules about how to configure a relay agent that I'm missing.

Cheers,
Tim