[erlang-questions] Misbehaving ets table in a gen_fsm

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Fri Oct 11 14:52:07 CEST 2013

Hello,

I think you problems is that ets "owner" process dies and table is released… This is most probably if tables is created within gen_fsm process.

1. ETS one of the performant way to share data among multiple processes…

2. Most probably if the table was destroyed.

3. I think terminate is appropriate approach to "checkpoint" state at "normal" termination. However, if would not guarantee that internal process state is serialised. I would use "checkpoint" by timer or write-through approach. ETS would not preserve data if node crashes therefore "persistency" might require use of amnesia or other storage. From my perspective, ETS is not good approach to "preserve" data in-between of process crash.

- Dmitry