[erlang-questions] Intrusive function intercept

Tyron Zerafa tyron.zerafa@REDACTED
Fri Oct 11 11:19:28 CEST 2013

First - I do not want to clutter my code with *do_something(); *I need this
perform this call multiple times at different places.
Second -* do_something()* performs some access control logic, *test() *is
any other function accessing resources. Ideally, developers writing
*test()*functions wouldn't have to worry about access control (this
should be
hidden).

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Wes James <comptekki@REDACTED> wrote:

> Why are you trying to monitor with B.  Why not just do:
>
> test() ->
>     x(),
>    do_something(),
>     y(),
>     z().
>
> -wes
>

> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Tyron Zerafa <tyron.zerafa@REDACTED>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>     I would like to monitor a process and suspend the execution of
>> certain functions to perform some other computation before. For instance
>> consider a process A which executing the following simple function.
>>
>> test() ->
>>     x(),
>>     y(),
>>     z().
>>
>> I would like to initiate a process, B, that monitors the execution of A.
>> I want B to:
>>   1) stop A before function y is executed
>>   2) execute some logic
>>   3) resumes the execution of A (by executing Y and Z)
>>
>> So far, I have been following this post<http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2003-January/006679.html>and managed to determine when the y() function call was being done, but
>> cannot suspend its execution. Any ideas how I can achieve this?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Tyron

Best Regards,
Tyron Zerafa