[erlang-questions] "Fat" BEAMs?

Olivier BOUDEVILLE olivier.boudeville@REDACTED
Thu Oct 10 13:48:32 CEST 2013

Hello again,

Thanks Richard, another solution indeed. 15 years ago, wow!

Regarding the replacement drawback, it could be seen also as a nice
feature, allowing an indefinite number of versions of the same
intermediate, inlined modules to coexist peacefully.

Thanks again,

Olivier.
---------------------------
Olivier Boudeville

EDF R&D : 1, avenue du Général de Gaulle, 92140 Clamart, France
Département SINETICS, groupe ASICS (I2A), bureau B-226
Office : +33 1 47 65 59 58 / Mobile : +33 6 16 83 37 22 / Fax : +33 1 47
65 27 13

carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Envoyé par : erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED
10/10/2013 13:09

erlang-questions@REDACTED
cc

Objet
Re: [erlang-questions] "Fat" BEAMs?

This functionality has existed in Igor for the last 15 years or so:

   http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/igor.html#parse_transform-2

The main drawback (apart from the obvious code duplication if you
include the same module in a lot of other modules) is of course that
reloading a single module of the included ones won't have any effect;
you have to replace the whole blob each time.

     /Richard