[erlang-questions] self signed certs problem

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Fri Oct 4 09:44:33 CEST 2013

Hi Wes!

I have heard from several sources that they have problems connecting with
Firefox and  Chrome
when Elliptic curve cipher suites are enabled.  Elliptic curve ciphers
where first supported at all in R16 and are by default enabled, although
will not be used if the client does not claim to be able to use them.
It does seem though that other clients can connect like curl, s_client
(openssl), some python client and now opera.  I also know that some ECC
ciphers are broken in openssl version 1.0.0 and 1.0.0.a.
So it seems like it is a client problem that you may workaround by
disabling Elliptic Curve cipher suites
until the clients get fixed. Also R16B02 fixes an ECC bug so R16B will not
be better then R16B02, going
back to R15 will work as the ECC ciphers where not supported at all, but I
can see other reasons you would not want to do that.

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB