[erlang-questions] [ANN] Erlang Easy Profiling (eep) provides a way to analyze application performance and call hierarchy
Mon Nov 25 22:11:11 CET 2013
I just want to present to the community my small project which provides a way
to analyze performance of your running application and to visualize
function call hierarchy (with power of kcachegrind as a GUI tool).
It helped me to find some bottlenecks in our application, would be great
if it helps someone else.
• no need to modify sources (doesn't need sources at all)
• no need to stop your running system
• start and stop collecting runtime data at arbitrary time
• profile arbitrary module or whole system
• minimal impact on profiled system performance (unlike fprof)
• very informative visualization of time costs and call stacks (kcachegrind)
• ability to export call graphs in dot or image format
• optional process separation
• based on dbg module and built-in low overhead trace ports
Here is an example what you can get using it:
Permissive MIT license.
virtan / / http://www.virtan.com
More information about the erlang-questions