[erlang-questions] PKCS-7 signing

James Wheare james@REDACTED
Mon Nov 25 21:55:04 CET 2013

Hullo,

I'm working on implementing Apple's Push Notifications for Websites
system and having some trouble signing the "push package"

The docs [1] say this:

"The signature is a PKCS #7 detached signature of the manifest file.
Sign the manifest file with the private key associated with your web
push certificate that you obtained while registering with Apple. In
PHP, you can do this with the openssl_pkcs7_sign function"

So I'm looking for an equivalent to PHP's openssl_pkcs7_sign [2] in erlang.

The release notes [3] for the public_key module seem to offer some
hope, with "experimental" PKCS-7 support announced in 0.17, but I
can't find anything about it in the docs [4]

Any advice on solving this?

Thanks,
- James

[1] https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/NotificationProgrammingGuideForWebsites/PushNotifications/PushNotifications.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40013225-CH3-SW10
[2] http://php.net/manual/en/function.openssl-pkcs7-sign.php
[3] http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/public_key/notes.html
[4] http://erlang.org/doc/man/public_key.html