[erlang-questions] wxErlang and wxWidgets 3.0

Sergei Golovan sgolovan@REDACTED
Mon Nov 18 08:52:07 CET 2013

Hi Dan,

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Dan Gudmundsson <dgud@REDACTED> wrote:
> The intention is that is should work with both. But I only test it
> occasionally.
>
> I personally try to link against 3.0, or rather their master branch, when
> doing development.

Good to hear that.

> But we don't support newer functionality, and some erlang code may need to
> be rewritten
> to work on both 2.8 and 3.0, btw SUSE 10 and thus wxWidgets 2.6 is still
> used here internally, sigh.

It's not really about the newer functionality, the old one is fine as
long as it works.

> I have not noticed the notebook problem, don't know if that is a wxWidgets
> problem or a demo problem.

I did a closer look at the demos and tried to run applications which
use wxErlang. There are a few minor bugs and one segfault
unfortunately:

1) aui page in demo: after you drag'n'drop tab over the other tab to
rearrange them the latter tab label stops reacting to the mouse clicks
(I can't bring it to the front by clicking on it).

2) choices page in demo: wxChoice control shows empty label on start
(in 2.8 it shows "one").

3) notebook page in demo: Background color is not showed (this one
I've mentioned earlier).

4) Segfault of dialyzer. dialyzer --wx segfaults immediately after I
click any of the "Add", "Add Dir", or "Add Recursively" button. It
works fine with 2.8.

I don't know if these bugs are wxErlang or wxWidgets bugs though. But
the last one is not good...

Cheers!
--
Sergei Golovan