[erlang-questions] create release add libraries

Wes James <>
Sat Nov 16 21:47:27 CET 2013

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Loïc Hoguin <> wrote:

> On 11/16/2013 08:17 PM, Wes James wrote:
>> I am moving an app to use relx to create it in to a release.  I have the
>> erlang app mostly working except for secure websockets is not working
>> right so I'm trying to add wx and debugger libs (are those the right
>> ones) so I can run:
>> make
>> ./_rel/bin/app console
>> then in the erlang console do:
>> im().
>> ii(websocket_handler).
>> iaa([init]).
>> but this doesn't work since wx and debugger libs are not in _rel/lib
>> Where do I add these to the release compilation?
> In relx.config:
> {release, {your_release_name, "1"}, [your_app_name, debugger, observer]}.

Thanks.  It's getting further now.

I have this for my relx.config:

{release, {my_app, "1"}, [stu, debugger, observer, wx]}.
{extended_start_script, true}.
{vm_args, "./vm.args"}.

I had to put in vm_args since I need -smp for wx to run.

when I do:

that is fine, but when I do:

I get this error:

=ERROR REPORT==== 16-Nov-2013::13:28:14 ===
Error in process <0.824.0> on node '' with exit value:

** exception exit: {{{badmatch,{undef,[{sys_pre_expand,module,

and long bit of output which shows all the lines of

What does this mean?