[erlang-questions] Can't run my command line Erlang program

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Sat Nov 16 12:26:26 CET 2013

On 11/15/2013 10:34 PM, Andrew Pennebaker wrote:
> Thanks, I might do that!
>
> ...so there's no way to tell dialyzer to just automatically add stdlibs
> to plt?

Dialyzer is agnostic of what stdlib is, whether it contains a module
named string or not, or for that matter whether you want to use the
string module from stdlib or some other module named string in your
application.  So you need to tell it what applications to cache in your
.dialyzer_plt  when you build it for the first time.

By the way, the sequence of commands you use below is not the one that I
would use. Instead, I would first build a minimal PLT once:

     dialyzer --build_plt --apps erts kernel stdlib

and then use this PLT to analyze the modules of my application:

     erlc -Wall +debug_info *.erl
     dialyzer *.beam

You do not need to add your application's modules to the PLT to analyze
them. If at some point you discover that you need more stuff from the
OTP libraries to analyze your application (e.g. the 'random' module),
you can add them incrementally by a command of the form:

     dialyzer --add_to_plt --apps crypto

Hope it helps,

Kostis