[erlang-questions] Can't run my command line Erlang program

Andrew Pennebaker andrew.pennebaker@REDACTED
Fri Nov 15 01:46:52 CET 2013

I'm switched to start/0 and using init:get_plain_arguments(), and using
-extra instead of --. It works now!

Source:

https://github.com/mcandre/ios7crypt/tree/master/erlang

Test:

$ make
erlc -Wall +debug_info ios7crypt.erl
erl -noshell -s ios7crypt -extra -e monkey
1104160b1c1712
erl -noshell -s ios7crypt -extra -d 020b0b55000316
monkey

Now that my code seems to work, I took a look with dialyzer for potential
trouble spots. I'm not sure what to make of the output.$ make lint

Dialyzer:

erlc -Wall +debug_info ios7crypt.erl
dialyzer *.beam --build_plt --quiet
dialyzer *.beam
  Checking whether the PLT /Users/andrew/.dialyzer_plt is up-to-date... yes
  Proceeding with analysis...
ios7crypt.erl:60: The pattern 'true' can never match the type 'false'

In particular, I'm confused what dialyzer doesn't like about line 60.

59  FirstOne = case is_binary(FirstTemp) of
60    true -> binary_to_list(FirstTemp);
61    false -> FirstOneRaw
62  end,

Not sure what's wrong. I tried using `_` instead of `false`, but got the
same warning. Should I use an if/else instead of case?

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
www.yellosoft.us