[erlang-questions] EPMD enhancement

Peter Lemenkov <>
Tue Nov 12 09:13:43 CET 2013

Hello All!

2013/11/12 Sergei Golovan <>:

> If we talk about EPMD, I'd like to add another problem with the
> current design. It really can't be used in multiuser environment
> because the first user who runs a distributed Erlang node will spawn a
> epmd process (and will be able to kill it bringing the entire node
> down).

Sergei, are you in Moscow by any chance? If yes, then I'd like to
invite you to the next Moscow Golang Users Meetup which is scheduled
for 20, November:

I plan to introduce our approach to this problem (which becomes even
more visible when using systemd or Upstart):

Perhaps this would be interesting to the Debian Community as well.

With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.