[erlang-questions] EPMD enhancement

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov@REDACTED
Tue Nov 12 09:13:43 CET 2013

Hello All!

2013/11/12 Sergei Golovan <sgolovan@REDACTED>:

> If we talk about EPMD, I'd like to add another problem with the
> current design. It really can't be used in multiuser environment
> because the first user who runs a distributed Erlang node will spawn a
> epmd process (and will be able to kill it bringing the entire node
> down).

Sergei, are you in Moscow by any chance? If yes, then I'd like to
invite you to the next Moscow Golang Users Meetup which is scheduled
for 20, November:

http://www.meetup.com/Golang-Moscow/events/147393632/

I plan to introduce our approach to this problem (which becomes even
more visible when using systemd or Upstart):

http://peter.fedorapeople.org/presentations/Moscow%20Golang%20Users%20Meetup%202013-11-20%20Fedora%20and%20Golang.en.pdf

Perhaps this would be interesting to the Debian Community as well.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.