[erlang-questions] Get to know your Erlang memory allocation

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Thu Nov 7 22:16:25 CET 2013

Did you try using binary:copy/1 at all? Last time I had this issue, that
function wasn't around, but it seems like it might be useful for your use
case.

Some of the other strategies we've used to work around these kinds of
issues are:

* Use a temporary process for operations that will generate a lot of garbage
* When that doesn't or can't work, include a manual hibernate or
erlang:garbage_collect/0