[erlang-questions] Failed to compile erlang R15B03-1 on FreeBSD10 with DTrace

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Mon Nov 4 09:34:12 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Stanislav Sedov <stas@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi, Motiejus!
>
> What other options do you have set?  Do you use GCC or CLANG?
> Is HiPE enabled?

Hi, Stanislav,
I am compiling with GCC 4.6, HiPE is enabled. The only extra CFLAG is
'-g', so I can see the stack trace in gdb (though error is the same
without it). It is a fresh FreeBSD installation, thus, IIRC,
everything else are defaults.

> I’d also suggest to contact the port maintainer, olgeni@REDACTED,
> and provide him with details.

Thanks! Giacomo, here is a link to the original post:
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2013-November/075913.html
Should I report this to GNATS?

An other DTrace related bug report[1] states a few steps how to enable
DTrace on the system. As far as I understand, they are no longer
needed in FreeBSD10?

[1]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/171556

--
Motiejus Jakštys