[erlang-questions] ETS-TRANSFER

akonsu akonsu@REDACTED
Fri Nov 1 15:18:30 CET 2013

Hello,

I am reading the code at https://github.com/DeadZen/etsgive that implements
one of the ETS handling techniques mentioned in
http://steve.vinoski.net/blog/2011/03/23/dont-lose-your-ets-tables/, and
one thing (out of several) that I do not understand is this callback:
https://github.com/DeadZen/etsgive/blob/master/src/etsgive_mgr.erl#L110.

It handles ETS-TRANSFER message that the ETS table heir receives when the
table owner terminates. Is this message received after the owner
terminates? Is it guaranteed that the owner is dead by the time I receive
this message? The code in the repo waits for a new owner to get started (
https://github.com/DeadZen/etsgive/blob/master/src/etsgive_mgr.erl#L111).
Is it possible for this function call to return the dying owner's Pid
instead?

thanks for your help
Konstantin