[erlang-questions] Tripped at first hurdle with XMPP echo_client

Magnus Henoch magnus@REDACTED
Tue May 28 14:55:14 CEST 2013

"Jon Schneider" <jon@REDACTED> writes:

> I've grabbed https://github.com/processone/exmpp , modified
> echo_client.erl's start() with my credentials but got
> no_supported_auth_method. See below for complete output.
>
> Should this work ? It's a regular jabber.org account.
>
> Jon
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 28-May-2013::13:07:05 ===
> ** State machine <0.74.0> terminating
> ** Last event in was {xmlstreamelement,
>                          {xmlel,'jabber:client',[],iq,
>                              [{xmlattr,undefined,<<"type">>,<<"result">>},
>                               {xmlattr,undefined,<<"id">>,
>                                   <<"auth-xxxxxxxx">>}],
>                              [{xmlel,'jabber:iq:auth',
>                                   [{'jabber:iq:auth',none}],
>                                   query,[],
>                                   [{xmlel,'jabber:iq:auth',[],username,[],
>                                        [{xmlcdata,<<"my username here">>}]},
>                                    {xmlel,'jabber:iq:auth',[],resource,[],[]},
>                                    {xmlel,'jabber:iq:auth',[],password,[],
>                                        []}]}]}}

The response from the server contains <password/> but not <digest/>,
i.e. the server only supports plain-text authentication...

> ** When State == wait_for_legacy_auth_method ** Data == {state,digest,

...but the client is configured to used digest authentication.  Try
changing the call to exmpp_session:auth_basic_digest to
exmpp_session:auth_basic.

Regards,
Magnus