[erlang-questions] Rabbit under small load

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Fri May 24 19:49:20 CEST 2013

On 24 May 2013, at 12:15, Jesper Louis Andersen <jesper.louis.andersen@REDACTED> wrote:

> 100 million messages is a different question however. Given the average message size, you are at 400 megabytes per second and hence you need 4 Gigabit of bandwidth to even hope hitting target. Apart from that, I don't think RMQ can handle that amount of load. You may need something else entirely to handle that.

I'm pretty sure what he said was that he's currently handling 100 M/s, which probably fits the "messages per second" guess, since as you point out, rabbit has not been demonstrated to go anywhere near 1millions messages per second.

Is your gen_server wrapper open source btw?