[erlang-questions] R14B04 and OpenSSL 1.0.1c

Stanislav Sedov stas@REDACTED
Thu May 23 22:50:39 CEST 2013

On May 23, 2013, at 2:46 AM, Bogdan Andu <bog495@REDACTED> wrote:

> I have applied the patches:
> cd $OTP_SRC_DIR_R14B04
> patch -p0 <
> /usr/ports/lang/erlang/patches/patch-erts_configure_in
> patch -p0 <
> /usr/ports/lang/erlang/patches/patch-erts_emulator_Makefile_in
> patch -p0 <
> /usr/ports/lang/erlang/patches/patch-erts_lib_src_Makefile_in
> patch -p0 <
> /usr/ports/lang/erlang/patches/patch-lib_tools_c_src_Makefile_in
> patch -p0 <
> /usr/ports/lang/erlang/patches/patch-make_target_mk
>
> *all patches succedded,
> and then:
>
> ./configure
> sudo gmake install
> the same error
>
> I modified
> erts/configure.in:
> from:
> openbsd*)
>                 DED_LD="$CC"
>                 DED_LD_FLAG_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_PATH="$CFLAG_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_PATH"
>                 DED_LDFLAGS="-shared"
>         ;;
> in:
> openbsd*)
>
> DED_LD="$CC"
>
> DED_LD_FLAG_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_PATH="$CFLAG_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_PATH"
>
> DED_LDFLAGS="-shared /usr/lib/crtbeginS.o /usr/lib/crtbegin.o"
>         ;;
> because:
> $ nm /usr/lib/crtbegin.o
>          U _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
> _Jv_RegisterClasses
> 00000000 D __dso_handle
> 00000000 T __fini
> 00000000 D
> __guard_local
> 00000000 T __init
> 00000000 W __register_frame_info
> atexit
> $ nm /usr/lib/crtbeginS.o
>          U _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
> _Jv_RegisterClasses
>          U __cxa_finalize
> 00000000 D __dso_handle
> 00000000
> D __guard_local
> 00000000 T _fini
> 00000000 T _init
>
> gmake clean
> ./configure
> sudo gmake install
> the same error
>
> Does anyone has an idea of how to solve this
> issue, because I really need R14B04.
>
> Please help. I am really out of ideas.
> Maybe I should link against other libraries but I do not know what they are.
> How can I dicover these libraries that I should link erlang against?

Did you try to link agains libcrtendS.o as well like openbsd guys do for CDE?
Also, you need to make sure that crypto.o linking actually uses these flags you
changes in erts/configure.in (also, btw, you need to rebuild configure if you
changes configure.in).

I don't have openbsd installed anywhere, so cannot provide more detailed help,
unfortunately.  I'd recommend you to play with the linking flags for crypto.o:
log the entire build, find where it links crypto.o and use the same command
from the shell.  It will be easier to try different flags combinations that
way.

--
ST4096-RIPE