[erlang-questions] Maps

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Fri May 10 16:34:58 CEST 2013

On 05/10/2013 03:41 PM, Natesh Manikoth wrote:
> Erlang newbie here. This comment therefore is not about the merits of
> the proposals.
> I detect a certain tendency to dismiss suggestions if the suggestions
> are not germane to that particular user's current (or past) needs.

Not dismissing it here, I'd be happy to have both, but maps are solving
a problem (dict manipulation is incredibly tedious and time consuming in
Erlang) while frames simply improve what we already have.

Personally not having maps prevents me from doing a particular project,
unless I want to spend all my time manipulating dicts of dicts or
records of records. Hence my only question about the maps proposal about
recursive updating being built-in.

Not having frames just requires me to know about a few pitfalls, but
doesn't prevent me to get the job done.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy