[erlang-questions] [ANN:] erlang_cep a new Complex Event Processing Library

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Tue May 7 05:09:43 CEST 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 12:54 AM, Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:

> On 7/05/2013, at 6:41 AM, Dan Macklin wrote:
>
>> I'd like to announce the first beta release of erlang_cep.
>
> Looks interesting.  I have just begun to read the documentation,
> but I don't understand why Erlang code should be specifying
> what to do by stuffing Javascript code into binaries instead of
> using Erlang functions.

The idea is the same in Riak (like mentioned in the announcement),
they provide an option to use javascript for map/reduce
implementation. Same here: implement "reduce" logic in javascript.

However, I fail to see the reason why this might be useful in this
case, as I cannot see any REST API, and reduce functions are quite
expensive (thus I imply there is no notion of "request", where you can
implement your match/reduce functions).

--
Motiejus Jakštys