[erlang-questions] Mnesia: strategy for auto-recovery from netsplit

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Fri May 3 18:02:56 CEST 2013

The only solution seems to be https://github.com/uwiger/unsplit usage where you manually resolve any conflicts.  Someone may already have integration with ejabberd that is available, but the problem of which side of the nodesplit to take should be error-prone, difficult, and sometimes impossible (depending on the data stored).  I think it is simpler to just hookup ejabberd to postgres or mysql instead of the mnesia usage.  There still remains mnesia usage internally, but I don't think the internal mnesia usage that doesn't go to postgres or mysql is distributed (would be good to check).