[erlang-questions] basho_bench, was Re: [ANN] Silly benchmarking

Jesper Louis Andersen <>
Wed May 1 11:17:48 CEST 2013

On May 1, 2013, at 1:14 AM, Scott Lystig Fritchie <> wrote:

> Actually, you can use it to measure whatever you want, if you write a
> callback module with a new/1 and run/4 function.  Tracking throughput is
> always good, but also tracking min, mean, median, 95th, 99th, 99_9th,
> and maximum latency stats plus error rates is An Even BetterThing(tm).
> Nice R and Gnuplot graphs is also very convenient.

Also, bootstrapping the samples to track how much your median and mean vary inside 100000 bootstrapping runs could tell you how stable your measurement seems to be. R has a really nice multi-core bootstrapping module call I intended to do for this. But that project is dormant at the moment.

Jesper Louis Andersen
  Erlang Solutions Ltd., Copenhagen