[erlang-questions] Getting erlang represented in framework benchmark

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Sat Mar 30 12:55:36 CET 2013

On 03/30/2013 12:44 PM, Wilson MacGyver wrote:
> I saw this generating quite a bit of buzz. They are accepting pull request.
> Maybe a good way to promote erlang.
>
> http://www.techempower.com/blog/2013/03/28/framework-benchmarks/

It would be much more interesting to see benchmarks that evaluate
response latency or maximum number of concurrent connections. Or a
combination of both. That's where Erlang will really shine.

Requests/s is boring (and absolutely doesn't mean one server is faster
than another!), especially with keep-alive. As I mentioned in my talk in
SF, requests/s benchmarks weren't able to show any performance increase
in recent Cowboy versions, despite production nodes being able to handle
2 times more traffic than older versions.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy