[erlang-questions] 2 Erlang articles @news.yc: 1) Armstrong - Right Problem. 2) Go vs Erlang

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Fri Mar 29 18:39:46 CET 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM, giovanni_re <john_re@REDACTED> wrote:

> Do you have something valuable to add to these discussions?

 No - I want to provoke discussion, not take part in it.

 I'll sit back and watch.

I want to start publicizing Erlang - we've had the technical  discussions
 before.

You guys - you who read this list - go tweet and blog - join the
fun.

I came back from the San Francisco Erlang Factory fired with
enthusiasm and immediately started a new blog at

    http://joearms.github.com

The idea was to bang the drum a bit and explain what we're doing
from my point of view.

 I'm now trying to explain what we do in simple terms so that more people can
understand what we're doing.

My second post seemed to attract some attention
with 160 comments on:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5451202

I'm saying things that a lot of people disagree with, but also
a lot of people agree with - so a lively discussion followed.

So if you love Erlang or hate it go join the fun at ycombinator.
Saying Erlang is great here is preaching to the converted,
time to broaden the discussion and take the argument to the
hurly burly of the marketplace.

I know I'm an opinionated bastard who makes loads of mistakes,
but perhaps we are not totally barking up the wrong tree.

I think it's time to throw a few stones into the pond and see where the
ripples go.

In the next few weeks I'll be blogging my impressions from the Erlang
factory.

I feel like Marco Polo telling tales from far off exotic places.

It's amazing - did you know, they don't have snow in San Francisco
what an exotic place.

/Joe

---