[erlang-questions] gen_tcp recv web content

月忧茗 <>
Thu Mar 28 09:16:34 CET 2013

I'm learning Erlang, And I have some code, to get web site content.

in erlang shell:

test:start("www.yahoo.com", 80).

I MUST waiting for the remote website close the socket,
after that,  I got {tcp_closed, Socket} msg,
then finish the loop.

But,  Waiting for remote close socket was takes a 'long' time,

Is there any way to know, i have already get the whole data, and close the
socket by myself?

using Content-Length?  How?

another question:

test:start("github.com", 443).

when play with such this 'https' sites,  the code can not working.
It seems like being blocked.  can not receive the data, and finally closed
by remote sites.

My GitHub

My Blog