[erlang-questions] Querying JSON, team chat

Andrei Soroker soroker@REDACTED
Wed Mar 27 17:51:12 CET 2013

Greetings!

I've had to deal with a lot of JSON over the last year or so and I
wholeheartedly recommend Jiffy [1] for encoding and decoding JSON. One
problem I had was querying the decoded JSON (we call the resulting
Erlang terms jterms). To address this, I wrote a very simple
XPath-inspired query library [2]. Perhaps others would find it useful.

In the spirit of attempting to embrace the subject of self-promotion
in the Erlang community, I'd like to self-promote my new project -
LeChat [3]. It's a team chat service that emphasizes history search,
humane copy-pasting of code, and reasonable UI. The backend is handled
by Cowboy and Postgres, the fronted is knockout.js, and the two are
connected by websockets.

We're charging $1/user/month after a 30 day trial, but it's free for
use in schools (universities, etc).

Andrei

[1] https://github.com/davisp/jiffy
[2] https://github.com/lechat-im/jsonq