[erlang-questions] 回复: 回复: How to make a short circuit in erlang ?

饕餮 249505968@REDACTED
Tue Mar 26 07:36:07 CET 2013

Aha!Gotcha!
It is a good way to flat a multiple nested.It's truly not need to write 8 branches
 example(Foo, Bar, Ugh) ->
     case {Foo, Bar, Ugh}
      of {false, _, _} -> . . .
      ;  {true, false, _} -> . . .
      ;  {true, true, false} -> . . .
      ;  {true, true, true} -> . . .
     end.

Use if could be better I think,like:
example(Foo,Bar,Ugh) ->
if
    Foo =:= false -> ...
    Bar =:= false  -> ...
    Ugh =:= false -> ...
    true -> ...
(change some logic could remove the "=:= false", to make the code more clean)

And this is the better way I thing. (I just going to refactor my code like  this)
    index_of_subtuple(Whole, Part)
      when is_tuple(Whole), is_tuple(Part), tuple_size(Whole) >= tuple_size(Part) ->
        . . . straightforward case . . .;
    index_of_subtuple(Whole, Part)
      when is_tuple(Whole), is_tuple(Part) ->
        0.

Though I still not agree with that, "!Something" is always better than "Something == false".
Because I still consider that "Something == false" could more easy to read for the people like me ....