[erlang-questions] Messaging patterns

S X erlangprogram@REDACTED
Fri Mar 22 20:56:18 CET 2013

Hi Lee,

Not sure I understood your problem correct or not. Just try to throw some
ideas.

What you want to do is similar to the massive online gaming with virtual
play rooms. And player wants to get into one player room dynamically
decided by the server.

Basically, you want to do the following things:
- Service Routing: meaning routing the user to the proper node (having
service with least load?)
- Node information sharing/communicating
- Load balancing algorithm

As my understanding, RIAK (the distributed database in erlang) has
capabilities to do more than the above. Maybe you can refer to it as a
reference to get some ideas.

Samuel