[erlang-questions] Hiding user input in escript

Bryan Hughes bryan@REDACTED
Tue Mar 19 22:04:26 CET 2013

Hi Everyone,

I found this old thread from 2009 about trying to hide user input in an
escript (e.g. entering a password).

http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2009-April/043311.html

It concluded with:
> The problem seems to be that escript uses the old shell, which
> does not support any way to control the terminal.
>
> We'll have a look at escript for the next release and see whether
> it would be possible to have it run with the standard shell.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed.  I looked through the docs and
do not find io:get_password/0, or any options for reading stdin to not
echo the characters back.

Looking forward to meeting those of you attending Erlang Factory in a
couple of days.

Cheers,

Bryan Hughes
*Go Factory*
http://www.go-factory.net

/"Art is never finished, only abandoned. - Leonardo da Vinci"/