[erlang-questions] beam.smp signal handling

Michał Ptaszek erlang@REDACTED
Tue Mar 19 00:09:52 CET 2013

Hey,

in order to avoid stupid mistakes on production we have disabled break
signal handling for the VM by adding +Bi switch to the options passed to
'beam.smp' command. As a result, if anyone is connect to the shell via pipe
and hits CTRL+C - nothing should happen. In order to kill the node someone
must intentionally run init:stop()/q() from inside of the node.

Unfortunately, as a result, we are not able to handle USR1 signals anymore
and thus not being able to generate crash dumps when the VM is stuck. If
+Bi option is passed VM is terminated with "User defined signal 1" reason.

Temporarily we can run the VM with +Bc switch however I was wondering if
there is any other way to completely disable SIGINT, but not SIGUSR1 signal
handlers?

Thanks,
Michal