[erlang-questions] Segmentation fault in tests

Manuel A. Rubio "Bombadil" bombadil@REDACTED
Mon Mar 18 17:29:24 CET 2013

Hi Jon,

El 2013-03-18 16:42, Jon Schneider escribió:
> Can you write a tiny C program that calls SSL_library_init() ? Does
> your
> machine have SSE 4.2 (making assumptions...) ?

flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl
xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx
est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt
tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm ida arat epb
xsaveopt pln pts dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase
smep erms

Yes, my CPU support it.

> I certainly can on this (random) box that is x86_64 (hint add option
> -lssl
> when building).

The project has active the SSL:

{port_env,
  [{"LDFLAGS", "$LDFLAGS -module -lei_st -lz -lssl -lcrypto -lexpat"}]}.

I've resolved it with a workaround:

     case lists:keyfind(exmpp, 1, application:loaded_applications()) of
         false ->
             application:start(exmpp);
         _ ->
             ok
     end,

And never use application:stop(exmpp). So, this workaround avoid the
problem of restart exmpp.

Thanks.
Manuel Rubio.