[erlang-questions] SSL certificate unknown error

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Tue Mar 12 09:48:06 CET 2013

Hi!

This error typically happens when there is a problem in the ASN-1
decoding of a certificate.
You could try tracing on public_key:pkix_path_validation. If we can
get the input values
to that function we could create a way to reproduce the error and make
it much easier for us
to fix the problem.

dbg:tracer().
dbg:p(all, [call]).
dbg:tpl(public_key, pkix_path_validation, x).

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP- team Ericsson AB

2013/3/12, Andrei Soroker <soroker@REDACTED>:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Tristan Sloughter
> <tristan.sloughter@REDACTED> wrote:
>> I ran into the same problem on R16A. I sent this to erlang-bugs
>>
>> http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/2013-February/003369.html
>>
>> I sadly didn't take care of continued investigation.... But if it still
>> exists in R16B I guess I'll have to now, unless you figure it out :)
>
> I reverted to R15B03-1 for the time being. I'll poke around some more
> later in the week.
>

>> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Andrei Soroker <soroker@REDACTED>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi again,
>>>
>>> I'm using lhttpc to make some calls over https. Everything worked fine
>>> with R15B03-1, but with R16B I'm seeing this:
>>>
>>> SSL: certify: ssl_handshake.erl:263:Fatal error: certificate unknown
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Andrei